Saturday, May 21, 2011

Meeting Erik Duval

Yesterday I was really lucky to meet Erik Duval for the first time. He was kind enough not only to visit our offices but to make a short presentation about his work and interests. I was really amazed by the things that he's working on as well as by his simplicity and knowledge...he looks like a metadata guru to me! Despite these, he was so kind and friendly.
It was so interesting discussing with him topics that for me were so "daily" and he gave such a different perspective that I wanted to go through my relevant stuff once more and revise them!

It is a good thing that colleagues of mine are collaborating with Eric, so I hope I'll have the chance to meet him again and probably attend one of his presentations face to face.

It was nice meeting you Erik!